Thursday, January 22, 2015

Your Personal Penguin

 Did you ever read any of Sandra Boynton's books? I have to say I'm rather fond of them. I decided my youngest sister's two little boys need their own personal penguins for Christmas.


 I found this free pattern for 'Cheerful Holiday Penguins" here. The pattern calls for DK weight yarn and size US3 needles. I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease, which is aran weight, and size US5 needles. So obviously they turned our a little bigger the original penguin. As with the Owl Ornaments I made, I felt like these little guys needed some feet. I knitted some i-cord and shaped them into feet. I just used yarn for the beaks and eyes, because my two little nephews are still very young, I didn't want them to choke on buttons or beads.


I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment