Monday, February 2, 2015

Shrunken 'Garden Trellis Mitts'.

 I'm calling these shrunken because I had been gifted one fifty gram skein of Classic Alpaca yarn. I wanted to use it for this pattern. I knit one and a half mittens following the pattern before it became obvious I did not have enough yarn to complete the pair. So I frogged them both and began again.


 I knit one less row of ribbing at the beginning. I then knit four pattern repeats instead of five. I knit only five rounds of ribbing for the cuff. This left me with enough yarn to complete two mitts. all was well in my world.


 I gave these to my sister, Miss C, along with her Jolly Robins, for Christmas. I forgot (or just didn't have enough time) to take any pictures of them. She very kindly took pictures of them for me. She knows how I like to document my hand made things. Looking at the pictures, I realize I really should have blocked them, but with all that frogging and re-knitting, there wasn't the time. Hand made Christmas can be a crazy life to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment