Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Oh Christmas Tree

 I went home to England for Christmas this year. It had been 15 years since my last Christmas in England, so it it was some what exciting. I spent many weeks in the run up to departure knitting my heart out. I wanted give hand made presents to my family. Today I'm sharing with you the tree ornaments I made.


There were six owls, three white and three grey, for my sister Mrs M. The pattern is called 'Seamus the Owl' and is available for free from here. I added feet, because I thought the would be comically cute. They are knit up in Lion Brand wool-ease, as are all the ornaments I knit.




 There were four more 'Jolly Robins' to make it six for Miss C.


These mini mittens were for my sister, Mrs. B. I made six pairs of them, each pair was slightly different. You can get the 'Mitten Ornament' pattern for free from here. I think the possibilities for variations with these are endless. They are so cute, and remind me of a old movie called Mr. Krueger's Christmas.


I plan on making a couple of each of these for my own tree eventually. I love how they all looked together on the tree.

1 comment: