Friday, January 9, 2015

Go, Go, Garther Yoke Cardi

 I really don't have the skills or the camera to take good photo's, so I apologize. It's always hard to photograph black as well. I think this cardi looked way better in real life.


 The pattern is called Garter Yoke Cardi and is available for purchase from Vogue Knitting. It's a pretty popular pattern, so if you are on Ravelry, I suggest you check out what other people have done with it.


 I made it for my sister, Mrs W. She turned the big 30 so I wanted to make something she would really love, and get a lot of use out of. She wanted it in a neutral colour. I knit it up in Cascade 220 yarn, which is 100% wool. Hopefully it won't end up accidentally in the washing machine, because it will felt. Of course if it does, she could always turn it into a really warm pair of slippers, she has great sewing skills!


 I made the sleeves full length for her. She had mentioned that she finds it hard to get sleeves long enough for her super long arms. I wanted to add a little interest with the stripy buttons and the tape measure button band.


 It's hard to get sizing right when knitting for someone else, especially when they live 4000 miles away! I find it hard getting the sizing right for me, so I'll just keep practicing. I'll be back with more finished projects soon. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment