Friday, January 16, 2015

Starry Night Mitts

 My Mum requested a pair of long, black, sparkly, fingerless, mittens for Christmas. I wanted to just use this pattern. I had made them for her before in pink and white stripes, but I didn't want to buy yarn online if I could help it. My local yarn shop did not have the right kid of yarn, but it did have some 'Berroco Flicker', which is mostly alpaca, with a silver sparkle throughout.


 I started out following this pattern, but the yarn just wasn't right, so after knitting one mitten, I frogged it. I went up from size US4, to size US6 needles. I decided to knit them quite a bit longer. I didn't like the thumbs, so I did increases instead. I didn't bother with the folded cuff either.


The yarn is super soft and warm, and the mitts are nice and snug, and look great. Mum has informed she has received compliments on them. So despite the problems I had, I'm very happy with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment