Friday, January 10, 2014

Another yummy hot water bottle cover.

 This was sent to my Mum for Christmas. It's the same pattern I used for my sister's hot water bottle cover, but this time I put in the optional cable down the middle.
 Pink continues to be my mothers favorite colour, so I used Cascade Yarns 220 superwash paints wool. There are some great colours of this yarn. I added a few extra stitches on either side of the cable, because I thought it didn't look wide enough, and I put the cable on both the frond and back. I filled it with Reeses Mini Peanut Butter cups, and put it in the post. Boy are those chocolates heavy!
I love hot water bottles! I'm really happy with how this cover turned out. Luckily hot water bottles are much easier to come by over in England. My big sister and my niece sewed hot water bottle covers for my kids and I as Christmas presents, and sent them with much needed hot water bottles inside. We couldn't be more thrilled with them. It has been sooooooooo cold here lately, that we have been enjoying them night and day.

No comments:

Post a Comment