Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mums Arm Warmers/ Finger-less mitts

 My Mum payed us a visit in March and we had some fun knitting together in the evenings. We visited the Lancaster Quilt show and got inspired too. It made me a little sad that I don't get to knit with my Mum more often. She picked out some pretty pink cotton when we went to my local yarn shop. She plans on making a lovely lace shrug from this pattern.
 I decided to ask her what she would like for her birthday this year, and she requested some arm warmers. I showed her the ones I made for myself last year. She liked them, but pink is her favorite colour. So pink is what she got! I found some pink sock yarn with a little sparkle in it at AC Moore. I can't find the label to tell you the brand right now. I'll have to go on a hunt to put it up on Ravelry. And used up some leftover knitpicks superwash sock yarn in bare.
I cast on 52 sts in the mc and did a K2, K2 rib for eight rounds instead of the K1, P1 stated in the pattern. On the thumb, I picked up 5 stitches instead of 3 and went straight into K2, P2 for eight rows. I like the way they turned out. I don't think you can really go wrong with arm warmer/finger-less mitts. They are a fun accessory.



2 comments:

  1. It was so great that you got to spend time with her and knit together! Love the mitts!

    ReplyDelete