Tuesday, May 5, 2015

For the love of Harry Potter

 While back in England over Christmas, we took a trip to the Harry Potter Studios, just north of London. This is something I had been really looking forward to. I love Harry Potter, and in my dream world, I would have a career making costumes for theater and film. I really enjoyed all of the studio tour, but especially seeing the costumes and talking to one of the staff about inspiration behind Luna Lovegood's costumes.

Hufflepuff Uniforms

Slytherin Uniforms

Hermione's and Krum's Yule Ball Costumes

Some of Luna's costumes.
 I came home determined to make house scarfs for my two oldest birthdays. I've been meaning to make them for ages, but always put them off for some other project. So here are my Slytherin and my Ravenclaw. The pattern is from Charmed Knits. Now I just need a Hufflepuff scarf, and my youngest needs a Gryffindor. My other half is a muggle, or just doesn't wear scarfs.


No comments:

Post a Comment