Sunday, September 21, 2014

Yellowstone Mittens

  Three pairs of mittens, for my three little monkeys. We went camping in Yellowstone for Labor Day Weekend. Something my husband I liked to do before we had children, and we lived over this way. I remembered how cold it got at night, so I decided wool mittens were in order.
The pattern was a free one that you can find here. I wasn't crazy about the way it was written, but it has lot's of sizes. I love the longer cuffs, and overall I think they are great mittens. I used Ella Rae Classic Print for the girls and Ella Rae Extrafine Heathers for the boy. I knit his on the drive there, which was great, because it made it go by fast.
Sadly we got rained out of Yellowstone. We made it through one night, but we were very wet. We will just have to go back next year, because it's such an amazing place.

No comments:

Post a Comment