Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tiny Tea Leaves Cardi

 A little while back my library knitting group had a yarn swap. The members were eager to do some stash busting. I didn't really have a stash to bust. I did bring along a book I managed to have two of, and came home with a wonderfully large bag of free yarn. I decided it was time to buy some patterns, since I didn't have to pay for the yarn, why not!?! I love this little cardi pattern. The yarn is called Katia Arc En Ciel. It's discontinued, so if you want some I don't know how you would find any, sorry. Because I only had the two skeins of yarn I had to make the sleeves shorter than the pattern called for. I don't mind though. I think my Little Miss I. looks so cute in it. I got  the buttons for the grand total of 6 cents. I know, I'm a big spender. I found them at a local thrift shop that has a little room dedicated to craft supplies. I'm always inspired by my friend over at Enjoy The Simple Things. She's been know to pick up a bargain at that same spot.
Little Miss I., just before Church on Sunday in her new cardi.




5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh she's so cute. And I love the cardi. I am cracking up that you mentioned me - thanks! And I'm always obliged to get out and thrift shop just to inspire someone, (ha) with the thrifty scores! As a matter of fact, I found a little new somethin somethin' the other day. Oh yeah, they have really good buttons there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute!! You did a great job on the cardigan. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job and gorgeous girl!!!

    ReplyDelete