Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Birthday Cowl

 My youngest sister, Mrs. W. has her Birthday today. I asked her her favorite colours right now and she said, green, mustard yellow and orange. I made her brown/green slippers last year so I decided to go with mustard yellow. I picked out this pattern from the Lion Brand web sight for a simple cowl. She says it will look good with her green coat after she's had her baby. I'm hoping she can get some use out of it before though. I used to 2 skeins of knit picks swish worsted in turmeric for this project. It's a lovely soft superwash wool. I was a little disappointed in it though. The first skein had a lot of weak spots/joins in it. It kind of made my knitting look a sloppy. The second skein was perfect though. I don't know if I just got unlucky with the first one. I love the colour. I think she should go out and eat a curry while she'd wearing it. That way if she spills she will never see the stains.

 

Happy Birthday Mrs. W. I love you.

1 comment: