Monday, August 15, 2011

What's in a name!

 I love names, names of paint colours, car names, mine and my kids names, and the names of colours of yarns. I was thinking for a while I needed to make a scarf for my S.I.L. Mrs. V 40th birthday. I came across Lion Brands Amazing in the colourway 'Joshua Tree'. After my husband I think she might be one of the biggest U2 fans I know. It seemed like it was meant to be. This beautiful patten is called Argosy and is found at http://www.kitty.com/

I really love the way the colour changing yarn knit up. It took me two or three tries to get it started, but once I got the lace pattern memorised there was no stopping me. I thought about blocking it, but last time I tried to to wet block something it didn't really work. I figured it was because it was 100% wool and neither is the Amazing yarn. I decided to try ironing it on the lowest setting with just a touch of steam. I did half at a time and just let it cool off on my ironing board. It worked really well, so I will probably be using this method again.

Happy Birthday Mrs. V.

No comments:

Post a Comment