Saturday, April 16, 2011

Owl Pillow

I have wanted to start a blog that features things I've made for a while. I begin with this owl pillow. The pattern is from Zoe Mellors 'Knitted Toys.' You can find her book here:
It was a really fun and quick knit to make and ended up costing less than four dollars to make. I had some left over yarn from another project and I've had a bag of toy stuffing for a few years that is very slowly being used up. I used Lion Brand Cotton-Ease yarn in Lake and Almond. I sewed the felt pieces on by hand but machine sewed the front and back pieces together. I think it only took about a week to come together and I'm really happy with it. This little guy ended up a gift for a friend of mine who collects owls and loves all things retro. You can find her over at http://montydob.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I love him! Thanks so much for the gift, it made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the first follower! YAY!
    I love the owl pillow. I can't wait to see more of your crafts!

    ReplyDelete